Dismiss Contempt Motion


What is the process to dismiss a previously filed contempt motion? I filed the motion against my ex-wife for violating several items in our custody agreement. However, I would also like to “give her another chance to clean up her act”. I would like to dismiss it with prejudice so if the issue arises again, we can use the previous issues. However, I am not sure whether it is a Motion To Dismiss, some type of withdrawal, or what it may be called. I would like to file something without a court appearance if possible.

Thanks in advance


Dismiss without prejudice – that way you can bring the motion again if she does not clean up her act. You can file a Rule 41 dismissal, the form can be found on the aoc website –www.nccourts.org.