Divorce Decree Template that can be used in North Carolina courts?

I have a need for a divorce decree for insurance purposes and for getting a mortgage on a new home. Where is there an example and/or template I can use to submit to the courts. My work tells me I need a divorce decree that discusses I am to provide health insurance for my spouse or soon to be ex-wife if my place of work provides it. Mine does as long as the divorce decree says so. I also have been told by my bank that to get preapproved for a mortgage loan I need to have in the divorce decree that the mortgage company is not liable if something happens to the current mortgage that she will be responsible for even though when it sells in a few years the profits will be divided between the both of us. She is required to pay the mortgage while she stays there.

Please help with any examples or how I should proceed in the paperwork submitted to the courts. I have everything else ready except this part.

Thank you,
Paul

It sounds like you need to complete the absolute divorce process and get an absolute divorce judgment (i.e. divorce decree) signed by the judge, which would grant your divorce.

Check out our Do It Yourself Divorce Guide which has all the forms and templates necessary for you to schedule your divorce for a court date and to submit the proper judgment to the judge so you absolute divorce can be granted.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.