Divorce Reversal

Dear Cheer99,

I am not sure if it can be done or not. You may both be able to sign a consent order setting the judgment aside and invalidating the divorce. I do not know if the judge would be willing to sign it.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

WOW[:D] Someone with a happy story. Congratulations on saving your relationship. I hope things work out for you.

My ex-husband and I want to have the divorce reversed without getting remarried. Our divorce was final on Dec. 22nd and we realized that we made a huge mistake! My lawyer said he checked with other lawyers and no one has ever heard of it being done. He has been checking into it since the 27th of Dec…when he got back into the office after the holidays! I just want to know if it is possible. Thanks!