Do I jump or run in the other direction?

Dear joanmcd:

Greetings. Generally if things are in your name, it may be harder for her to locate, but give us attorneys some credit … you would be the first person I would subpoena documents from if I was trying to increase his child support. Generally though, child support is set only on his income from all sources, so unless the assets you put in your name are income producing, his child support obligation should not affect your assets. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

</font id=“size3”></font id=“red”>Ok here it is. I am wanting to marry my boyfriend of 4 years. but there is a catch. He has been married twice. has children from both marriages. First wife is getting child support and will continue to for many many years. My question is: if nothing of ours is in his name after we are married, can she get possesion of my property since he and I are married? This will make a large decision in my life alot easier if I can get some legal help. I am a resident of N.C. now and he is in Indiana and will accompany me here within a year. I want to safeguard my possesions, but want him in my life…HELP ME</font id=“Book Antiqua”>