Now this is messed up!


Dear fefe:

Greetings. Go to Child Support Enforcement. They will ensure that he pays. He can petition for a paternity test, which they will supply, and when it comes back that he is Daddy, he will also have to pay. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


Ok, I’m gonna try and make it simple. A woman gets pregnant by another man during a separation from her husband. She gets a divorce, then has the child, and then marries the supposed “father” of the child. The birth certificate never had the father’s name on it, I guess because at the time of birth, she had a different last name, they weren’t married, and maybe he wasn’t 100% sure he was the father. So now THEY are separated, he is living with his first wife, and since the birth certificate never had the father’s name listed, he says his name isn’t on the birth certificate, and the child isn’t his, so he is not going to pay any child support. They were married for about 3 years. Can he be made to take a paternity test? What is someone to do in this case?