Do it yourself custody agreement?

My ex and I have had a civil custody arrangement with no court / paperwork. However, he tried to kill himself last weekend when he had the kids. I told him he is no longer able to see them and he agreed. I want to write something up to this effect that we both sign, notorise, and file with court. Can this be done? I don’t want to go to court. His tox screen was neg (hospital says he didn’t really take anything, though he insists he did). I’m afraid the court will give him visitation. And can I leave the state?

If your ex is in agreement to waive visitation I suggest you file an action for custody and draft up a Consent Order which outlines the parameters of custody, and states that you are allowed to move. The order should be submitted to the judge for entry and then will become a valid and enforceable court order.