Do it yourself Divorce & incorp. Child Cust. paper


Dear Teri:

Greetings. First, your separation agreement must have a clause that allows it to be incorporated. Then, you need to make sure that you understand ALL the ramifications for incorporating your separation agreement. Finally, you must file in the divorce complaint or answer a request for the separation agreement to be incorporated and attach the agreement. Best of luck…and please talk to an attorney before you do this to understand the differences between your current agreement and the order it will become after incorporation. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I am doing a Do It Yourself Divorce with a child in NC. I need to know where I can find the form to incorporate my Child Custody and Seperation agreement into my Divorce or can you tell me how to go about doing this. Thanks!!