Drug Abuse

Do you have family/friends who will take you in until you can get on your feet? Find a support structure and reach out to them. If you don’t have access to that, find a shelter for abused spouses or a church. (My mother and I took in an abused woman for a year upon request of our priest. I still think of that lady fondly. She was like a grandmother to me.)

You are probably eligible for at least food stamps, possibly some sort of government assistance. Your child should be eligible for state-sponsored health insurance. Apply for these as soon as you get away. I don’t know if you have a degree or training in a skill, but there are scholarships and grants which could help you obtain education that would improve your and your child’s lives. Some schools will let you train at home or at the library, if they have a computer setup. Look into this too.

I know this is a horrible place in your life right now, but do your best to think of it as an opportunity. Life can get better and it will. It won’t be easy for you, but don’t be afraid to reach out to those who can help you. If you can get far away from your STBX, I would to ease the chaos that surrounds divorcing an addict.

I know what I’m talking about here. I was younger than your daughter when my parents separated. My father too was an addict. Neither parent had a job and we had no food or running water. (We had been eating 1 meal or less per day for several weeks.) My mother called family who drove several states away to come get us. It was the best decision she ever made. We stayed with them for 9 months until we were able to move out.

To be sure, there were some rough times emotionally for me in the first 3 months before my dad accepted that my mother wanted out, but the good outweighed the bad. In the end, it was beneficial for everyone. My father finally got treatment, my mother was happier than she had ever been, and I always had a roof over my head and food on the table for the first time in my life. My parents cooperated with each other to raise me and never competed with each other or said anything bad about the other. In the end, they respected each other’s future spouses and worked with them for the good of everyone.

This is a hard step for you, but my prayers are with you. Good luck and keep us posted. You are doing the right thing.

The first place for you to start is to look at what resources you have available to you in your community. Do you have friends or family member’s that you could live with temporarily? Can you tell me what county you live in?

Is your Husband being violent towards you?

P.S. Please feel free to bring up this or any other topic on our live call-in show every Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. EST. Visit radio.rosen.com for details

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Sutton Station
5826 Fayetteville Rd. Suite 205
Durham, NC 27713
Phone: (919) 321-0780

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Helena Nevicosi[/i] [br]The first place for you to start is to look at what resources you have available to you in your community. Do you have friends or family member's that you could live with temporarily? Can you tell me what county you live in?

P.S. Please feel free to bring up this or any other topic on our live call-in show every Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. EST. Visit radio.rosen.com for details

Helena M. Nevicosi

919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262

Sutton Station
Durham, NC 27713

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

kfjdfjdsfjsklfj

No, he is not violent to me or my child. He is very moody. I don’t have family in close proximity nor can I rely on my family.

Thank you for your help.

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Helena Nevicosi[/i] [br]The first place for you to start is to look at what resources you have available to you in your community. Do you have friends or family member's that you could live with temporarily? Can you tell me what county you live in?

Helena M. Nevicosi

919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262

Sutton Station
Durham, NC 27713

kfjdfjdsfjsklfj

What county do you live in?

Helena M. Nevicosi

919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262

Sutton Station
Durham, NC 27713

I live in Forsyth County.

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Helena Nevicosi[/i] [br]What county do you live in?

Helena M. Nevicosi

919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262

Sutton Station
Durham, NC 27713

kfjdfjdsfjsklfj

My husband is using crack. We have one child (daughter-teenager) and I want to get out of this marriage. I am unemployed and have no sources of income. He doesn’t make much money. How can I get away?