Equitable Distribution

Based on previous responses, it appears I will have to file an ED case to resolve issues with my home. Can I file myself or will I have to have an attorney? What are the court fees in Charlotte? On average, if I must have an attorney, how much will it cost to have the case filed? How soon before I file for divorce must ED be filed?

You do not have to hire an attorney. If you appear pro se, you must familiarize yourself with the law and court rules and the court expect you to be able to adhere to them. I would almost always advise retaining an attorney or in the least consulting with an attorney. I would also suggest using Rosen Online if you want assistance but do not want to hire a lawyer outright. www.rosen.com/diy

Court fees can be found at: