Thank you for creating such forum that helps many people.
A quick brief about the matter.
I got married in 2012 as per Hindu Marriage Act, registered in India. Moved in USA ( NC) same year. Before that I used to work in India.
Currently we have been staying together but things are not moving smooth between us.
- We both have green card. - We do not have a child.
- I do not work here so far, looking for a job though.
- We have not bought any major property after marriage.
- No financial investment after marriage.
** Note: we opened a consulting firm in my name as I am the owner and husband is an employee of that firm since he does consulting work.
Can you please help me clear my concerns on following and advice.
- Should I apply for divorce in India or here? What is legally valid?
- before filing for divorce, I am planning to visit home country for a couple of months and on return I shall move forward. Is that a good idea at this situation?
- is it a good idea for me to start working at this time? Wil it affect my alimony rights?
Your guidance on above will definitely help me take decision in thi matter.