My evil ex husband filed a breaking and entering when I went to his house to pick up our daughter. I just received the expungement papers from my attorney, but they cannot guide me in the process of removing my mugshot from the internet. Can you recommend where I should turn now that I have the recorded expungement in hand.

Thank you so very much!

NC orders of expunction typically order only NC agencies to erase all data related to the criminal offense that was expunged and generally do not pertain to private agencies. Read the “order” section of your paperwork to know exactly what agencies are required to remove all information related to your breaking or entering charge.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.