Failure to pay alimony

Do I need to hire an attorney to file suit for breach of contract for failure to pay alimony? I can’t afford to pay a retainer for something that should be cut and dry.
Thank you!

You can certainly represent yourself pro se if you cannot afford an attorney. Review your separation agreement as well, there may be a clause that obligates the other spouse to pay any attorneys fees associated with a successful breach of contract suit. You would have to pay your attorneys fees, but you may be able to have the court order that he/she is required to pay your attorneys fees.

If you decide to represent yourself pro se, you can get access to a library of legal forms and communicate with an attorney through our Rosen Online Service. This service only costs $199/month, and would be helpful in navigating procedural issues.