Filing false police report

Just curious to know if the mother of my step-children filed a false police report about some jewelry and electronics that were “stolen” but looks like she hid at her ex-husbands house what the consequences are? The value of the “stolen” items are over $6000 and I’m not sure if she filed an insurance claim but none of the items were actually stolen they were either left behind when she moved out or not unpacked yet. She even buried a necklace in a planter on the front steps of his house to make it look like he stole it. He found it and called the police who followed up with her saying they had a lead in the case and wanted to know if anything had changed on her end. She denied knowing anything more about the missing items. They are supposed to be following up with her in person this week and I would like to know what, if any consequences she may face.

Thanks!

This forum is limited to issues of family law. I cannot answer questions regarding criminal law, or potential consequences for criminal activity or insurance fraud.