ID theft

You need to get what documentation that you can, and file a police report. Unfortunately that is where it will probably end. I don’t know if this constitutes fraud since there was no financial gain, but there are privacy rues that have been violated here. Since STBX’s and ex wifes have all of the info they need to do this until you die, (sometimes even after that), you need to contact all three major credit bureaus and advise them of what has happened, request a copy of your credit report, dispute anything that is not yours and have a “security alert” added onto your credit reports. Have the carrier send you all the statements that were sent to her, and advise your lawyer. Consider calling any business you deal with and see ifthey an place some sort of password on your accounts.
My ex used my info to pay a $300 phone bill over the phone from my checking account that she was never on. Even though it was fraud, the police and D.A.'s office refused to file charges against her. I never got the $300 back either.

Dear abbyandme44:

Greetings. I do not know - you may want to speak with the district attorney as this sounds like a criminal matter. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I tried to get my cell bill thru E statement with my carrier and when I triedto enter my info it came back and said that this account had already been registered and that e statementswere being sent to someone elses email address. This person is my stbx. She had filled out the info with my info and has been receiving my statements for about a year. I know this can,t be legal. What is my recourse. I called the carrier and they said it was a crime. What do i do from here. I guess she wanted the info to see who I was calling. For her case. What can i do?