Filing for a divorce


My boyfriend and his ex-wife have been separated for four years, they have not filed any paper work, and we are looking for the cheapest route do file for their divorce because she will not offer any financial help. Is there some place that we can find the papers to file on our own, and what steps should we take to file if they are in agreement that they want the divorce and there will be no distribution of the property, and no children are involved?

Thanks in advance!


Many counties do offer self serve clinics in the courthouse with forms and instructions for filing divorce. If there is not property to divide and the only claim is for absolute divorce the process is pretty simple. There is an instructional video on this site in which one of our attorneys outlines the process. … d-video-4/