Filing Procedure for Wake County


Dear jmac:

Greetings. You need to wait for the thirty days and then file a notice of hearing in accordance with the directions you received from the clerk of court. You also need to take three (3) copies of the affidavit of service to the clerk and have her keep the original. You will need to keep the copies. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I’m trying to do all this on wmy own, but it gets confusing.
I have filed all of the beginning necessary paperwork and have a case file number. I sent the Civil Summons to my wife and have the signed receipt of delivery and I have the affidavit of service notarized.

My question is what next? I think I need a notice of assignment card, but do I go to the clerk or mail the affidavit?
I’m lost at this point, any help or direction would be appreciated.