How do I file for Divorce in Wake County?

Dear JohnDoe:

Greetings. Please see the following link, and then let me know if you have any other lingering questions:

rosen.com/ppf/ID/58/issues.asp

Oh by the way, it sounds like you are planning an Absolute Divorce Party? LOL[:)]

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
RosenDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Yes, am planning to throw a very big party.

Everyone on this board is invited. Hurrrayyy!!! out goes problems problems, problems, in comes freedom Hurrrah!!!

Freedom is priceless!!

Hey Janet,
I just finished reading that link you sent me above about absolute divorce and its WOW.Its too complicated.

How much does it cost if a lawyer does this stuff for me? I dont have time to do all those things, I would rather pay someone to do it.

Please give me a monetary guide here.

Dear JohnDoe:

Greetings. First, we charge $1,000.00 for the divorce, and all our clients have to do is read over the complaint and sign a verification. If we do the divorce, our clients do not even have to go to court.

Now, if you do decide to do it yourself, here is the general process:

1. File a complaint (3 copies) with three (3) copies of the summons. One complaint for the court, one will be served (mailed by certified mail) to your spouse, and the last for your records.

2. Serve the complaint and summons by certified mail on your spouse.

3. Wait for her to answer.

4. After the required time, file a notice of hearing.

5. At the hearing date take your judgment with you to court. Get your divorce.

Let us know if you decide you want some help. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
RosenDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Janet,
Thanks a lot for your time and response and to everything you do to everyone here.

If your firm helps me apply for absolute divorce and my wife is duly served, what will happen if she wants to raise issues at divorce?Knowing her well, I know she likes drama so she will try to prolong the whole divorce process say by asking for support, when we only were together 2.5 years.

Does an application for absolute divorce mean no such matters can be discussed at the divorce resolution?If such matters are entertained, will this cause the cost from your firm to go up over and above the $1,000 or does the $1,000 cover everything?

What happens in cases like this?

Dear JohnDoe:

Greetings. If your wife counterclaims for post separation support and alimony, there would be additional fees, but you would have a lot of options. I doubt that she will file for post separation support and alimony if she has not already - due to the short duration of your marriage and the lack of support I assume she has received since then. If she has not received support and requested it before now, presumably she does not need the support, right?

Requesting support does not delay the divorce if you were separated for one year, but does maintain the litigation until the support issues are resolved. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
RosenDivorce.com
919-787-6668

Hey,
My 12 months of separation are coming up Hurrray!!

Now, how do I file for divorce? Where do I get the divorce forms? Do I need a lawyer and where I can get the forms to fill in of I dont need to use a lawyer?

Does it cost anything to file for divorce?

If I serve my ex-to be through the Sherriff, how many days does she have to respond and how will I know when she responds?

I want to have this laid out because I cant wait to close this chapter.

Thanks in adavance for the information.