Filing yourself


Is there anywhere I can get help filling out the papers to file myself without paying? I have most of them done but some are confusing. Also what’s someone sworn to administer oaths?


If you’re trying to file for an absolute divorce, check out our Do It Yourself Divorce Guide. This will give you step-by-step instructions and all the forms. Note that there is a $225 filing fee to file for an absolute divorce in every county.

Someone sworn to administer oaths can be a notary public. Your bank should have a notary that you can use.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.