Filing suit in another county


Dear confused:

Greetings. Please call another attorney and see what they say. Let us know.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


My husband also had an affair 5-6 months after our separation. I discussed this with my attorney and she said that in this county no one would award anything in a criminal conversation suit. I initially separated from my husband to get a break from his outbursts and to give us some space to work things out. I did not want to divorce. He said that by law he was and is allowed to sleep with whomever he likes and that there is nothing that can be done about it. Needless to say, this has made my decision easier for me. I would like to file suit against the other woman but evidently I can’t in this county. Can I file a civil suit against her in another county? Thanks!