Finalizing ED


I had to file for ED, and did so Pro Se. After disclosure and an interim distribution hearing, my stbx finally realized it would be smarter to settle with me out of court. Does anything need to be filed to indicate that we have settled ED? We have an arbitration deadline which is soon approaching, but we obviously won’t be attending.


Yes. You need to have a consent order draw up which outlines how the property is being distributed. Either that or you should have a separation agreement drawn up which outlines your property settlement, after you have both signed the same before a notary public you will both need to file voluntary dismissals of your ED claims which are currently pending before the court.