Friday Hearing for Quick Divorce July 16th

Just need to know if I have any recourse due to My Husband leaving me and the house 4 years ago (I have 2 kids from my only other marriage 14 years prior)
I thought he was working on his self for us to reunite (He was dealing with a problem he had called RAD Reactive Attachment disorder) that all started soon after marriage so that’s when alienation of affection started. Recently found out he bought a house and has been cohabiting with his ex wife. I was mostly a dependent spouse. He did keep me on his health insurance but the bills were paid barely by the side jobs I was able to do and a full time job but lost one due to Covid shut down and I had been keeping in touch and getting together periodically asking if he was ready to re unite I guess I’m just wondering if I have a right to be assisted financially with any compensation at least to help me through this lack of employment time. I have 2 children but they aren’t his so I guess pension, social security or his privat bank accounts I e recently found out about. Maybe an Agreement of some flat amount and end it there???
Wondering bottom line rights and to what *Married only a year before he moved out - my family has been helping me in between my jobs so we’ll have been married 8 years in 4 months
He just changed jobs he was with for 15 years and that’s when he just took me off his health insurance. 4or so months ago.

You may be entitled to alimony if you are the dependent spouse and he is the supporting spouse.

For detailed information on alimony and eligibility, check out our article Will You Owe Your Spouse Alimony After a Divorce?. The information in this article is equally applicable to your situation where you may be the spouse receiving alimony.

However, note that you must file a claim for alimony before an absolute divorce is granted. Once the absolute divorce is granted, you will no longer be able to initiate an alimony claim.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.