Gaming the court system with delays

How do I counteract my narcissistic ex husband with his delay tactics in submitting financials (credit card statements etc) My case has been continued 4 times. His objective is to drain me of money & not give me a dime. Obviously I will have to find a way to stop his nonsense. Any ideas? What’s the best way to handle someone like this?

The next time you are in court you can ask the judge to order your ex-husband to produce his financial documents by a certain date and time.

You can also submit discovery requests (i.e. request for production of documents) which requires him to respond within 30 days. And if he does not, you can file a motion to compel him to comply with the discovery requests served on him.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.