Getting on the court calendar

Tomorrow I am going to the court house to get on the calendar (it will be 31 days since she was served) once on I am on the calendar, what do I need to send to her? is there a form? do I send her a certicate of service and if so does it need to be notizied?

You will need to send a Notice of Hearing, which should include the case caption ( party names, court and file number), and the date and place of hearing. Include a certificate of service as well, it need not be notarized and can be mailed via regular U.S. Mail.

Erin- does the defendant have to show up for the divorce hearing? is it different in each county? I live in Forsyth county- winston salem- THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP

Erin- does the defendant have to show up for the divorce hearing? is it different in each county? I live in Forsyth county- winston salem- THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP

No, the defendant need not be present.

Erin- I went to the court house and they gave me a form called “District Court of Calendar Reqest” and it states the date, time and place of divorce and at the bottom it also includes a certificate of service- it seems that this form includes both or what you stated I should send the defendant- will this one form do the job?

Some counties use calendar requests in addition to a Notice of Hearing. You still need to file a notice of hearing and serve it on the defendant.

Erin is there an email address where I can email you directly- I have a question about paralegals- thanks

All questions need to be posted on the forum.