Help is appreciated beyond any belief, please


Daer ItalianGurrl691:

Hello. If he is violent, she may be able to take out a domestic violence restraining order. At the same time, she can also ask the court for child support (if they have any children together) and spousal support. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I am caught in a predicament so any advice is appreciated greatly.
My best friend is 14 years old, he lives with his Mom and his 2 young sisters along with his step-father. His step-father is slightly violent, and has been arrested for assault. He is also an alcoholic. Jennifer, the mother, wants to divorce him more than anything. Unfortunatly they are indeed not wealthy, not poor, but close. She doesnt know how to make their household safer and more loving with her husband there. She wants to divorce him but doesnt have the money. If anyone, has any advice it would be appreciated beyond any belief.


Sherrie Girard