Help!Need Help Quick

If he shows up to court without the information the judge told him he had to provide, I don’t see how the judge would think positively on that. You have done what you were asked. I would voice my concerns when the judge gives you the opportunity. There is a reason he’s not giving you the data. Let him face the judge and try to justify.

If your husband has failed to produce to the court evidence that he was required to produce, it is very likely the court will accept the W2 that you have and prohibit him from entering any contradictory evidence.

P.S. Please feel free to bring up this or any other topic on our live call-in show every Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. EST. Visit for details

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

I am representing myself in a cs modification case. I filed a motion for child support modification on June 9. On July 9, we had a pretrial hearing and ex had not submitted wage and tax return info. Judge told him he had to do so by July 21. He did not mail to me until July 28 but without his tax return info. Keep in mind I believe Ex is the owner of the company he says he works for. He keeps claiming he does not own company that is named after him + he is making extreme efforts to say his income has been reduced just recently.

Since I did not get tax return info I tried to get a continuance so I could try and get it. Judge’s case worker says judge will not grant it that we need to come to court Aug. 8. Case worker said that judge will see tax return info is not in file and she will decide what to do.

I guess im feeling a little nervous bcause i don’t feel prepared. My question is will judge base modification on 2007 w2 which i have. Please note ex is making about 150,000 per year by his 2007 w2. I only make 44,000. He has been paying 500 per month child support for the last eight years and it has never been modified (this figure was based on him making 38,000 eight years ago). We have child support order and custody consent order and I have primary custody.

Can someone give me some advice that might help ease my mind?