Attorney, please help!


I do not know why the judge would have refused to hear your evidence on adultery. If the hearing was on post separation support, then you will get another opportunity to address those issues at the alimony trial. Without reviewing the orders in your case, it is hard to give you an opinion on the ruling. If the alimony ruling was less than ten days ago, you can appeal the ruling.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.


I doubt there is anything I can do, but this just seems so not right! My current income is 18% of the total family income while I was married and that includes the child support amount plus my salary working. Ex walked off with over 90% of his income. My son informed me that the son of the “girlfriend” gets reduced lunch at school and the income requirement is pretty low for this to occur. However, I have very reliable sources who have informed me the girlfriend lives in a $189,000 house that was bought shortly after the final orders were entered and I know this “girlfriend” lives in a nice neighborhood. I can hardly make ends meet and have to sell my 300,000 home because I cannot afford to live in it any longer…not with the pitiful amount of alimony I received which is at poverty level. I’m 52 years old and was out of the work force for over 20 years, but am back at it now. Ex makes 5 plus times as much as I do! The judge in my case has been partial to my ex in everything. It gives new meaning to “prevailing party”. I thought the “Court” did not want women to suffer, but I feel punished time and time again. Judge refused to hear the issue of adultery during trial. And now everyone gets to “live” but me! I feel like the Betty Broderick of my county except I haven’t done ANYTHING! Just treated like a criminal and undeserving of anything! 21 years of my life…counted for nothing!!! Any ideas or suggestions? The judge HATES me!