How do you tell your son that his dad doesn't

Dear Fed UP:

Only a judge can tell you that you have to leave your home. Your husband may never come to his senses. Don’t tell you son anything about his dad … except that he loves him. Don’t make excuses and don’t say negative things. Your son will soon make up his own mind about his dad, his love, and his amount of respect for his father. Then, you will see that you made the right decision by just spending your time with your son and letting his father make his own relationship. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Janet - thank you so much - you have no idea how wonderful your words were to hear.

Everything is gonna be alright…

Good luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Thanks so much again. My son is only 4 - but he knows what is going on and told me last night that me, him and sissy will be fine. Daddy has to find his own path. And it is up to him to make it work with him.

You may want to check out our divorce blog on our website. There’s an article discussing the effects of divorce on children at different developmental stages. This information may help you decide how best to help your children understand what’s going on.

David L. McGuire
Attorney
The Rosen Law Firm
NCdivorce.com
(919)787-6668

want to spend time with him any longer?

My husband has lost his mind, in the last month. He has changed dramatically (this is like my 6th post).

My son is so wonderful - he is loving and giving. I am so worried that if I am forced to leave my home due to my husband’s actions that my son will become a different person all together.

Where do I begin?