How to File a Contempt Order


My spouse has violated an equitable distribution agreement and has moved out of state. He is not paying the agreed amount on two of the bills that were included in the agreement. I would like to file without hiring an attorney. What forms do I need and where do I get the forms? Exactly what is the process that would happen since he is out of state?


This is my daughter’s post. She also pays him a monthly child support payment. Instead of going to court, can she deduct the amount he owes from the monthly payment she makes to him?


Is your property distribution pursuant to a Separation Agreement, or is it contained in a Consent Order?

You cannot deduct what you are owed from child support.