How to PROVE bigamy

You could send a written discovery request known as a request for production of documents and ask him to provide copies of all marriage and divorce certificates.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

[:D]Good. THANKS so much!

Probably on another Topic asked…but is there an online source that one can trust to supply ALL to get marriage/divorce record info nationwide search?

Jessica Almond

There is no site of that nature of which I am aware.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

As I might have mentioned some time ago, my husband lied on our marriage certificate as to his last divorce…cleverly putting in MY divorce date from my former husband of 32 years.
I have found a marriage he never told me about in NC in 1996 which when divorce record dept of NHC searched the entire state of NC…the found NO divorce for that marriage.
There is NO national database for divorce and marriage records.
There could be a possibility there was NO divorce and my career criminal sweetheart swindler is a bigamist.
It is a CRITICAL issue.
Since I have NO means to find out IF one of them went out of state and divorced…IS there a way in midst of this bed and board (bogus)fault divorce this animal brought against to put this possible bigamy info in HIS court for HIM to have to prove he is legitimately divorced from a previous marriage??? There must be some way I can get this to work. It is ludicrous for him to try to get the last drops of blood out of me via a legal separation fault bed and board when in reality he MAY very well be a bigamist. There was SOME reason he did not write in his last marriage’s divorce date??? Heck he could have more…

Jessica Almond