Husband refusing

You should think about pursuing the following, in addition to child support: post-separation support, alimony, property distribution (“equitable distribution”). PSS can help with the bills in the short term, and alimony can help you make ends meet in the long term. One of the factors that judges consider in alimony and PSS awards is one’s contribution as a homemaker. I would recommend that you at least sit down with an attorney for a consultation on these issues. Folks don’t always do what they should, and sometimes you have to ask a judge to help.

David L. McGuire
Attorney
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
NCdivorce.com
(919)787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Ok what can I do now cause the husband is holding all money from the kids and I until he gets into child support enforcement to see what he has to pay in child support. Which in mean time I have an appt too to go and see the Child support enforcement too and have an appt scheduled that the lady that handles that will not be back into office until Dec 12th…So if I can not get into the child supp enforcement until than he can’t either…But in mean time I have no money and he refuses to give me money. Do I than go to the magastraites office to swear out a warrant on the husband and have them put him in jail and than him go before a judge to declare the child support than and there?

Unfortunately the child support process can be slow. You can’t have him arrested by going to the magistrate for the child support deal, so don’t waste your time and energy on that. Instead, go through the child support process and let them handle it. It’s slow, but if you meet the requirements, you will get your day in court. Another option is to retain a private attorney for the child support issue. You may find that to be faster.

Good luck.

David L. McGuire
Attorney
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
NCdivorce.com
(919)787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Ok let me ask you this…Since Oct 24, 2003 when the husband moved out and into his girlfriends home with her husband has basically only paid me $140.00 $100 of that he gave me in a money order and the $40 the daughter had to go and beg him for some money…Like I have said previously I am a homemaker for the 17 years and I have been putting in applications around town for anything…But with me being out of the work force for so long people are frowning on me cause the lenght of time not employed some where…Ok here is the deal seeing I did not show up to the lawyer my husband has which he only uses him to draft up something for him and not really an acting attorney to him…Husband refuses to give me any money like as to punish me for not doing what he wanted (controlling me) basically his way or no way…But the thing is he was the one who cheated with another woman and is basically treating me like this is a punishment to me and the kids cause the kids see what he is doing…He claims his lawyer told him he does not have to give me any money at all…But in mean time he claims he is going to go to child support enforcement to see what he is actually to pay…But I have an appt with the same Support office which the lady is not there till Dec.12th…So in mean time I am selling my daughters Barbies that she has been collecting over the years just to get and have money…Is it fair for what the husband is doing to the kids and I? And if I go to DSS they will not give me what I am entitled to from the husband…I rate partial retirement (retired Marine), Child Support and alimony…What do I do???
I have been seeking legal advice for FREE thru the Marine Corp base legal which he can too but on the other Marine Base close by…But he rather spend the money to see an attorney out in town that he has not signed on yet…What can I do???

Ok now I think he is going too far now…Oct 24th husband moved out and into his g/f’s house and I have been trying to get a job which is hard after 17 years of being a homemaker. Ok the husband requested for me to meet him at his attorney’s office to sign seperation papers on what he wants to give to me…Him and I had talked breifly on what he wanted to give me but when talking to him another time it was like he changed it around. I went to the base legal office and they informed me not to go and meet with his lawyer as I did not have a lawyer to go with me for back up…Now seeing I did not do as the husband wished… He informed me that even though him and I are still married does not mean he has to do anything for me but only the kids…Ok I see that but he in returned told me he was removing his name off the lease agreement and the electric knowing I do not have no money and no job and when we talked on what he was willing to give to me I told him numerous times I could not afford the rent and the electric and he reassured me he would help me till I got on my feet. Now it is like him and his g/f are deciding what I am to get cause she has experience in marrying and divorceing two times already herself. And daughter already paid her father a visit at work and begged him for some money which in return the good father he is gave her $40…Yes that is more money than we had but that only goes so far.I am going to file for Child Support Enforcement Monday.