Husband won't leave

I have been contemplating divorce for years. Things have now degenerated into physical violence. I swung at him, he twisted my arm backwards and pulled my hair and sent me to the floor.
Both our names are on the deed. His name alone is on the mortgage. My 86 yr old mother with dementia lives with us and I want him to leave before things get even worse. He won’t go. What do I do???

If you are actually in fear that he will cause you, or your mother imminent bodily harm, you may file for a restraining order pursuant to Chapter 50-B and seek an order of the court which prohibits him from coming near you or your mother, and you may also ask for the exclusive possession of the home pending equitable distribution.