Husband won't leave


If you have any proof of the verbal abuse you could go to court and get a protective order against him… 50-b. If i’m not mistaken, and I’ve been learning a lot lately, verbal abuse is something that the courts will protect you against. Good luck


If his verbal abuse rises to the level that causes you significant emotional distress then you can seek a domestic violence protective order, the order can be used to effect him from the residence.

P.S. Please feel free to bring up this or any other topic on our live call-in show every Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. EST. Visit for details

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Sutton Station
5826 Fayetteville Rd. Suite 205
Durham, NC 27713
Phone: (919) 321-0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.


My husband and I have been married for 5 months. He is angry because I have assets from a previous marriage that he is not entitled to. I’ve asked him to leave because he is angry and verbally abusive. He won’t leave. Do I have any options? How can I force him to leave my home? (The home is in my name only and I owned it before we were married).