Custody Issues


If your spouses conduct towards the children is inappropriate you can go back to court and ask the court to address this issue and order him to stop being verbally abusive towards the children. If you have never been to court before, you can file an action for custody and ask the court to determine a custody schedule and address the issue of his verbal abuse. I would pursue the harrassment charges against your ex to stop his inappropriate conduct towards you.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.


I have joint custody with the Ex of our 2 children. His current spouse has been told repeated times to stay off my property. She came on my property yesterday and I pressed charges against her. Today my Ex husband called and harassed me concerning those charges. I called the police department and was advised to take harassment charged out on him. I did that today. I know when he gets his warrent I am going to hear from him about it. I know that my children are also going to be verbally abused because of all this as well. What do I do?