Child Custody and Support Question

If you are not receiving time with your children you can file a lawsuit and ask the court to address the issue of custody. The court will make a decision regarding custody based on the best interests of the children. Your first step would be to file a lawsuit and ask the court to address the issue of custody.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.


I need help with my situation. I have been seperated with my husband for two years now. Right after my seperation with my husband for six months i started dating. I use to have joint custody with my kids but when my husband found out about my boyfriend he doesn’t want my kids to be with me anymore. He threatens me about hurting somebody if i ever get my kids from him. I end up visiting my kids at home but can’t get them to stay with because i am scared that my ex will harm somebody. At that time we were waiting for our permanent residency to be release so i didn’t do anything that will make the us immigration to kick him out of the country. I still want my kids to see him and be part of their life. Now that we got the permanent residency and i started working on the seperation agreement then he started demanding money from me and not wanting me to have the kids. He was saying that he will go to court and fight for this. I want to get my kids atleast half custody of them but i dont know what to do. Its been almost over two years now that i have not have them. The thing is their doing great at school right now. Please let me know any legal advise or anything i am not sure what to do. Do you know of any good lawyer that can help me with this.

I really appreciate it…siralc