If there is a 50/50 custody agreement in order, co

I’m confused why you would think it would be easier. I think it would be the opposite and harder if you are sharing the child 50/50.

It’s harder to move out of state than it used to be. The more custody time the other parent has, it seems the harder it is. From my understanding, his ex will have to prove the worth of the move and in a 50/50 custody arrangment it would be hard to show it’s in the best interest of the child.

If she tries to move, you can petition the court.

quote:
[i]Originally posted by 4them[/i] [br]I'm confused why you would think it would be easier. I think it would be the opposite and harder if you are sharing the child 50/50.

It’s harder to move out of state than it used to be. The more custody time the other parent has, it seems the harder it is. From my understanding, his ex will have to prove the worth of the move and in a 50/50 custody arrangment it would be hard to show it’s in the best interest of the child.

If she tries to move, you can petition the court.

Hi, you’re right, I don’t know why I thought it would be easier. I am just worried for the child. I am very relieved to hear that he could petition the court if she tries to pull something. Thank you! :slight_smile:

If my boyfriend and his soon to be ex wife get the 50/50 custody order, no primary custody, that they are agreeing to, would his ex wife be able to legally move out of state? He is worried she may move to her home state and she could possibly be agreeing to the 50/50 custody because she feels it would be easier for her to get the child that way, being that there is a temporary custodian.

What can he do to make sure she doesn’t move out of state?