Inappropriate photos

My ex sent a photo and video file of our toddlers child’s private parts to notify me of a rash. Aside from the fact that it was an alarming image, I find it disturbing that he captured my child’s private area unclothed on his device. Is there any action I can take to ensure he doesn’t do that in the future and doesn’t send those images to me? I can’t even imagine if he mistakenly sent the email to someone other than me!!!

Make sure you notify him that videos and photos of this nature are not tolerated and that he should delete them from his device immediately. If you have a custody case pending, you might be able to add a provision that orders that no such media will be shared between parents. Otherwise, unless it rises to the level of a criminal act, there likely isn’t anything to do to prevent it aside from discussing the matter with the father.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

First of all, It wasn’t because he “cares” about my opinion. He was accusing me of neglect. And I agree we “should” be able to discuss our child’s health openly; but that is not an option when dealing with someone with toxic behavior/narcissistic personality disorder. I’m completely uncomfortable with the situation. She’s not an infant. That would be different. She’s very aware of her surroundings and has a very elaborate memory of things that happened when she was younger than 2. Every situation is different; but a certainly appreciate your suggestion that I should be grateful he sent photos/video of my daughters vagina over the internet. (sarcasm intended)

I apologize. I thought about that more and realized I clearly don’t have the full story. I deleted my comment. I am also dealing with a narcissist and he’s constantly accusing me of neglect. I’d trust my husband with photos like that…my ex though? Never. Again, my apologies. Xo