Interim distribution of assets

This is your attorney’s way of making money and dragging this out. However, you were awarded fees…more than I was awarded. There is no good reason for all of these motions other than the attorneys wanting as much as possible. However, if the Court is ordering your ex to pay, then he is the moron for not wanting to settle this. I mean, think about it! Everything could be done at the kitchen table…no lawyer at all…so all this bunk is nothing other than the lawyers…especially if there is some money involved as in your case. It’s all pure BS. You are right. No need for interim distribution and since you seem to have a fair judge who awards you equitably, your ex is an idiot and will have to pay your attorney fees. I hope your ex hangs himself and has to pay your lawyer AND YOU plenty! Good luck to you! If you ain’t paying, let the lawyer keep playin’…take care!

The purpose of an interim distribution is to resolve any property issues that need to be resolved and cannot wait until the final hearing on Equitable Distribution. I am guess you need possession of the house to keep the children in and this may be what your attorney is trying to accomplish. You cannot ask for attorney’s fees related to this hearing.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

Husband and I went to trial to settle child support and spousal support. we are now in the process of the paperwork for ED (interrogatories). Meanwhile my atty filed a motion for the interim distribution of assets on the court. He is asking for the court to make an interim dist of assets to me of the marital home and a watercraft (something he took from the property without permission). Also the motion asks for other relief"as the court may deem just and proper"

I guess I was wondering why do this separate from ED or is this just the early stage of it. Husband owns a home complete with furnishing he bought right after separation but with marital money. is it likely that I will get the marital home and furnishings outright since I am here raising our 4 kids and he has his own home with furnishings.

I was awarded atty fees with the first 2 trials as I am the dependent spouse. would I be able to ask for atty fees for this motion?