International Service


Please refer to the following link. … ule_4.html

Refer to 4(j3).

According to the following link, Israel is a member of Hague convention.

Hope this helps


Dear ms treva:

Greetings. First, our general statutes allow for serving someone outside the US through international certified mail. And whether or not the other party is a member to the Hague Convention is important. In addition to the international certified mail, you must also find out whether or not that is considered service of process in Israel. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


Just wondering what the process is to serve someone with divorce summons and complaint when spouse lives out of country (Israel)