Inventory of Assets

How do I fill out form 12 for Durham County? My ex never let me know anything about his money, bank accounts or Retirement accounts. How can I list them when I dont know where they are, the account numbers, or how much money is in them?

I need answers fast!!

You are only required to list what you know exists and the information you do have. If you do not know an account number, account balance, etc., simply put “unknown” for that particular piece of information.

Both parties are required to fill out equitable distribution inventory affidavits, so if you do not have all the information in your affidavit, then your husband should have that information completed in his affidavit.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.