Joint Custody and Visitation ?'s

Heck NO you’re not wrong! If he can’t pick the child up at daycare then decide where you’d like to meet him, or have a neighbor/friend stand with you at the end of the driveway for the exchange.

Walk through??? Pleeeaassee… Why in the world would he need a walk through other than the ‘check things out’ and be nosy. Do not let him in.

Copy and paste your agreement statements in an email along with your refusal.

Do not even let him come to your house. Do ALL exchanges at a public location, the police station sounds like your best bet. Keep a copy of your order with you so that if there is a fuss, you will have that on hand.
Contempt of court, HA! If your court order does not say that he’s allowed to pick up at the home, you are in no way in contempt. He’s bullying you into keeping a little bit of control. Do NOT let him do this. When he states “duly noted” ask him if it would help him to have YOUR notes also…and tell him that hope he will gain more of a life in the future so that he no longer has to consume himself with yours.

He does not have a right to enter your home and you are not required to allow him to do so. I do not think you are doing anything wrong by following the court order and telling him you want to meet at a neutral location.

P.S. Please feel free to bring up this or any other topic on our live call-in show every Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. EST. Visit radio.rosen.com for details

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Sutton Station
5826 Fayetteville Rd. Suite 205
Durham, NC 27713
Phone: (919) 321-0780

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

We have joint custody with me as the primary custodian. He wants me to allow him a walk thru tour of my home. I said no and he makes a point of saying it is “duly noted” with veiled threats of contempt of court. This request came hand-in-hand with a visitation where he cannot pick our son up at daycare and wanted to do it at my home.

My custody order states reference drop-off and pick-up:

“That all pickup and drop off of the minor child for the scheduled visitations except summer visitation, shall be st the school/day care where the minor child is enrolled”

AND

“The exchanges for the summer visitation shall be at a location to be determined by the parties.”

So am I wrong to tell him: No, we will meet at a public place like the police department or fire department and not my home and no tour of my home?