Knowing rights-separation agreement

been married for 20 years have 2 special need teenagers ,husband lost job stopped taking his antidepressant due to lost insurance freaked out within weeks of him stop taking meds became argumentative un-characteristic of his norm within last weeks…freaked out one morning running around grabbing stuff threw it in a car left the state…now says hes done no mediation,nothing wants a divorce trying 2 get me 2 move out of house back to another state,both children have specific individual education programs -adult specific one on one,in their schools for over 8 years, keeping their surrounding stable is key to their disabilities…asked for marriage mediation-counselling, he says no, not moving back ,doesnt want to even live in the same state w me to help co parent need a separation agreement and correct steps of action…been lookin for an attorney that deals w children w disabilities and divorce.he has not followed through w timely payments on mortgage-bills… putting the mortgage in the rears .wants me to hand over all my account numbers for credit cards now says hes trying to draft a separation agreement using a paralegal, we shouldnt get lawyers that money would take away from our children…etc…blames me for him leaving says emotional distress …to top that im pretty darn sure he is seeing some one where he is living ( no Im sure)and is pushing me to leave house w kids.hes on loan im on the deed n trust…help…no family here …hes been gone for 4 1-2 months wants visits etc tells me if i dont leave by jan he wants me to have the loan placed in my name …can he kick us out ?

I don’t recommend a divorce from bed and board in your situation. It’s just a legal separation, really not needed here. But you should file an action for equitable distribution, post-separation support, alimony, child custody and child support or at the very least- go to Child Support Enforcement to get child support started. Alimony and PSS are only applicable if you are a dependent spouse.

I was actually told all of your suggestions but to actually go for bed and board decree? To gain all asset rights from property etc, Because I have always worked totally around his career and moved several times to further his career ,I have no help when children are not in school from family or friends. We never even paid a babysitter to stay with our 2 disabled children the whole 8 1-2 years here for work or even a date because finding that person for 2 children was not available…Now he does put some support in our joint account for bills but wants us to just move out sell the house and abandon the specialized I.E.P. school program set in place which also provides them both with a specific adult one on one in addition to their exception qualified teachers and education needs,including speech ,O.T. I’m just looking for A lawyer that understands and will rally with me all my 2 disabled children deserve but are entitled to for their protection and our future… I to try and rebuild some kind of future and feel pressure or bullied to move and give up everything we have worked up to this point to provide for them. I am very impressed with all your information your firm has provide the public and myself I just need to take that step and hire an attorney… Is there anyone at your firm that has had any practice or cases like mine, there are also the issue becoming my sons guardian and filing that paper work prior to his 18th birthday which is coming up. Thank-you for your time

Thank-You,
Still a little accused on next steps…please help thanks

I was actually told all of your suggestions but to actually go for bed and board decree? To gain all asset rights from property etc, Because I have always worked totally around his career and moved several times to further his career ,I have no help when children are not in school from family or friends. We never even paid a babysitter to stay with our 2 disabled children the whole 8 1-2 years here for work or even a date because finding that person for 2 children was not available…Now he does put some support in our joint account for bills but that really covers his debts w creditcards ,car insurance etc: he wants us to just move out sell the house and abandon the specialized I.E.P. school program set in place which also provides them both with a specific adult one on one in addition to their exception qualified teachers and education needs,including speech ,O.T. I’m just looking for A lawyer that understands and will rally with me all my 2 disabled children deserve but are entitled to for their protection and our future… I ,to try and rebuild some kind of future and feel pressure or bullied to move and give up everything we have worked up to this point to provide for them. I am very impressed with all your information your firm has provide the public and myself I just need to take that step and hire an attorney… Is there anyone at your firm that has had any practice or cases like mine, there are also the issue becoming my sons guardian and filing that paper work prior to his 18th birthday which is coming up. Thank-you for your time
T.A.J.

We do not handle guardianship issues here at Rosen, but would be happy to refer you to an attorney in your area who does. Please contact our client liaison by dialling the main number and selecting extension 100 for a referral.