Dear rcsmyth13:

If he is a supporting spouse, you may be able to obtain alimony from him, but there is nothing immediate which will make him pay all the bills. Your best bet is to talk to an attorney immediately and have them start to negotiate directly with him for you. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


My husband of six years smacked my 13 yr old girl and i asked him to leave if he leaves is it the law he will have to continue helping with the bills and he says he is going to take HIS money out of the bank.