Less than 6 months of marriage and

You are entitled to equitable distribution of marital property. In the event that you are a dependant spouse, you will also be entitled to alimony. I would advise you to find an attorney who can assist you in negotiating a settlement that is favorable for you.

Good luck.

Meg Miller
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

… I’m fairly confident that my husband is being unfaithful. In the event that my suspicions are confirmed, I want to be completely prepared. My question is very general; but what I’m interested to know is what I’d be entitled to if we did divorce. We have been together 7 years (which I’m sure is irrelevant) & bought a house together 6 months before we were married. I don’t even know where to go or what to do.
Any help you can provide would be very much appreciated.