Limitations of affections while separated

Dear healey_jeff:

Greetings. First, there are laws against adultery in North Carolina although I cannot tell you when I last heard them enforced. I do not know if the NC State Trooper is violating any policies…you would have to check with them. You are correct that a man and woman are still married until the divorce is final.

Yes, if Wife maintains the custody of the minor children, she is able to relocate with the minor children unless the husband files an action keeping the children in the area or the separation agreement has a clause specifically designed to stop a wife from moving. Best of luck and stay safe if you are still in Iraq!

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
RosenDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

while deployed to iraq, this year, i received separation papers. wife seems to think she can live as single woman. doing all the things singlewomen do, date openly, sex with other men. is this the case. in addition, though other man is separated, he is nc state trooper. what policies is he violating if any known, by having affair with separted(married woman). i do believe man and woman are married still married till divorce is final. though in separation papers wife matains custody of children, can she relocate from the home area without permission of father?