Long wait for court hearing in district court

Now 6 months since initiating divorce, yet to have hearing on case before Judge. Meantime, gone without alimony having to borrow $, hearing husband has transferred his stock wealth, spending mega$ buys for girlfriend. Told so I don’t get a red cent out of him. All the items on list of divorce complaint, and his counter complaint gone unaddressed. Monetarily, and emotionally I can’t hold out without completely breaking down mentally and healthwise.
Every minute I’m in hell trying to figure out how I can survive, and rise above

This is common unfortunately with long delays in court proceedings.

In an effort to speed things up, you can attend a mediation session where a neutral third party, experienced in dispute resolutions, can help you and your spouse reach a binding agreement.

Another option is to have an arbitration session where a neutral third party arbitrator hears your evidence and your spouse’s evidence and makes a binding decision like a judge would. Arbitration can happen much, much faster, usually within a month or two of agreeing to arbitrate.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

Thank you re: arbitration.
Is there a fee for arbitrator etc?
I am borrowing on my own home for legal costs.

Yes, generally arbitrators will charge by the hour with you paying 50% and your spouse paying 50%.

Arbitration can be less expensive than trial, and it is certainly faster than trial.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.