Husband is spending mega money on mistress

Finding out from reliable source, husband I’m divorcing is and has been spending loads of money on his mistress 30 yrs younger than himself. Cleverly paying for most by giving her cash. Expensive luxury camper, car, extensive dental work, on and on. Telling he’d rather spend it all, then I get a dime. Of course, while he kept me for 10 yrs penniless. Who knows, he might spend his wad by the time the Judge hears the divorce case for 1st time…and then guessing many moons from then to be before the Judge again.
I don’t have money for a forensic whatever they call it to investigate his cash out lays, sources of spending etc etc
ARBITRATION - you mentioned to speed up things which i need to end the Hell I am in. But what about this fly in the ointment? How would it be dealt with in ARBITRATION??
SUING MISTRESS for Alienation of Affection??
would she have to prove how she is supporting herself, having no job? and how she got all these things?
But would I be shooting myself in the foot, if I didn’t win that case? for how it would reflect on my divorce process?
was only thinking she might naively spill her guts on who is spending money on her.
Thought of the idea of sending covert narc husband

• DIVORCE SETTLEMENT OFFER
    and
    *DEMAND LETTER for tort claim of IIED

my leverage would be my alternative to bring forward IIED would think
but is it even wise to mention my intention?

** am frying my brains how to out fox an evil man, by coming out with enough money to relatively made whole again. 76yrs old and living in Hell, time is of the essence. I’m crumbling

Arbitration is like a trial except you are not in a court room and there is no judge. The arbitrator is an attorney trained in dispute resolution who hears the evidence from both parties, like at trial, and makes a binding decision. The parties agree to use arbitration in lieu of court in order to speed things up and reach a resolution faster than the courtroom can usually provide.

You will need to get copies of all of the bank account statements, credit card statements, etc. from approximately 12-18 months before the date of separation to trace the funds.

You are entitled to 50% of the marital assets: so any of the funds and assets that were acquired during the marriage (from date of marriage to date of separation).

You could also subpoena or depose the paramour.

An alienation of affection case against the paramour is completely separate from an equitable distribution and alimony case so one would not affect the other. But sometimes you can use the alienation of affection case as leverage when negotiating equitable distribution (property) and alimony.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

Do you mean subpoena mistress to appear during Arbitration? or?

Thank you so much
Diane

You can subpoena or depose (in a deposition) any information or documents you would need to prepare your case and to prove your case at trial or in an arbitration.

These things would need to be done in advance of trial or arbitration so you can have this information ready to present in your case-in-chief to the judge or arbitrator.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.