Loss of job

I have just been dismissed from my employment due to budget cuts. I am a teacher. I am trying desperately to find employment, but I might not be able to due to all of the cuts. My question is this. If I cannot find employment, do I have a right to go back to Court to request an increase in alimony? Does this qualify as a change of circumstance? I really am trying to find employment, but it is tough. I am 55 years old which works against me in the school systems. They are letting people go younger than I am, but I don’t have the years experience due to the marriage. Thanks.

If your alimony is contained in a court order you may seek a modification based on your new circumstances. I am sorry to hear of your situation and wish you the best.