Military pcs tdy or deployments


you don’t have to file for seperation you just have to move though it is best if you can get a signed seperation agreement prior to moving that details things like who pays for what, child support amounts, division of marital assets etc.



Dear ncsoldierswifenkids:

Greetings. Yes, of course you can ask for a separation, but you are separated the moment you continue to live separate and apart and one of you has the intent to live permanently separate and apart. Your behavior did not indicate that intent, so be clear in writing that you now have the intent to be separated and start counting the days from the day you send the e-mail/letter. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


can a servicemember ask to file seperation from wife if he has been in another state or country do to military obligations/training and they have been back and forth to visit each other and had marital relations.