Name Change

Ok my divorce was finalized at the begining of the year I asked to revert back to my maiden name… I have not legally went to social security office or the DMV to have it official… Now that I think about it I really dont want to change it back due to the fact my childrens last name is my married name… I want to keep it due to them… Do I have to legally change it back to my maiden name now that I put it in my divorce papers??

If your counterclaim asking to resume your maiden name was included in the Order that the judge signed, then your name change is legal. If you want to revert back to the married name now, then you can go to the Clerk’s office and get a form and fill it out. Then, you pay $10.00 and follow the clerk’s instructions.