Name Change


What is the process for my soon-to-be-ex to request having her name revert to her maiden name when she is the defendant in the claim? I have submitted the paperwork, and see the places I would indicate if I, the plaintiff, were the one requesting the name change. I believe my ex will want to return to her maiden name, but expect she may need help finding how to do that.


Your wife, as the defendant, would have to file a counterclaim for absolute divorce. In her counterclaim she would ask the court to resume the use of her maiden name.